Find a Property Search

Price on Application

Equity Syndicate 25% Share Sale

Opportunity to purchase 25% share of an existing established well run dairying equity syndicate that is structured as a Limited Partnership on the outskirts of Otautau. The investment owns land, stock, Fonterra shares and some plant. Syndicate has a good track record of paying returns to investors which is set to continue. Farm produced 188,571kg MS from 408 peak milk cows in the 2020/21 season. Infrastructure comprises a tidy 40 aside herringbone cowshed, two good houses and array of farm buildings. Renewal of resource consents in process for further 10 years (2032). This investment would appeal to an investor looking for a turn-key operation, established well performing contract milker in place and exposure to the dairy sector, which is currently in a golden run of commodity prices. Shareholdings that amount to approx. 25% of the business are for sale and can be purchased as one block or smaller percentages. The remaining approx. 75% of shareholders will remain with the business.

Land Area

148 ha

Nearest Town

Otautau 2.2km.

Primary School

Otautau School 2.9km.

Secondary School

Aparima College 29.3km.

Freezing Works

Alliance Lorneville 43.2km.


Lorneville 44.4km.

Dairy Supplier and Company Number

Fonterra, supply number 34966.

Present Condition ( areas approx):

The GPS mapped area indicates an effective area of 136.7700 hectares inclusive of a paper road. Being a river boundary property, there is some accretion land adjacent to the river. The property has a flood bank near the eastern boundary of the Aparima River.

There is 7.5 hectares of fodder beet in the ground for the upcoming winter of 2022 that will see 100 cows wintered on the milking platform.

Contour Description:

The farm is flat. Being an ideal rectangle shape, the cowshed is centrally located with good wide internal race access with excellent base.



Soil Types:

Drummond, Tuatapere and Upukerora soils.

Average Rainfall


Walking Distance to Shed

Approx. one km.

Water Supply

There is a bore that feeds the dairy shed for wash down and all stock water. The water take is for 60,000 litres per day and water permit in is process of being renewed for a further ten years (2032).


The effluent is gravity fed from the cowshed to a sump/stone trap and then pumped for separation to a screw press. Kliptank system for storage and then the effluent is applied through low rate sprinklers. There is a calving pad and silage pad that effluent is collected from.

The effluent application area on the farm is approx. 48 hectares. Application by way of low rate pods.

The discharge permit is for 450 cows and in process of being renewed for 10 years (2032).


Fertiliser is applied in line with Ballance recommendations. Overall fertility is in good heart with pH and Olsen P at optimum levels. Soils test are on file.

Access & Roads

Very good tarsealed road frontage along the western boundary. A well laid out and functional internal lane system of a high standard makes cow flow straight forward.


Silage is bought in off farm to feed to milking cows.

Supplement made on Farm

Surplus grass in the Spring is made into baleage.


The main home is a weatherboard villa with four bedrooms. There is open plan kitching/dining/living with main bathroom, ensuite and laundry. Heating is by way of wood burner and two heatpumps. Single glazed aluminimum joinery. There is a separate stand alone double garage.

Other Homes

Second Home: Weatherboard two bedroom house with open plan kitchen/dining/living with heatpump. There is a sunroom, bathroom and laundry. A separate single garage with carport.

Farm Buildings

40 aside herringbone cowshed with Milphos plant. There is a circular yard with backing gate that will hold the entire herd. Double load out ramp for stock.

Woolshed and covered yards set up for calves, two bay fertiliser shed, three bay hayshed, fertiliser shed, five bay shed and sundry other smaller support buildings.

Farm Chattels (Plant & Machinery)

Electric fence unit.

Silage Pits and Pads

There is a concrete silage pad and also a stand off pad. Both these structures are connected to the farm effluent system.

Shelter & Trees

Well-maintained and attractive shelter plantings throughout.

Wintered Stock (numbers approx)

Management plan is to winter circa 420 cows.

Current Stock

As at February 2022, there were 392 cows being milked.


2020/21: 188,571kg MS, ex 408 cows.
2019/20: 184,137kg MS, ex 412 cows.
2018/19: 190,495kg MS, ex 412 cows.

In the current 2021/22 season, production is expected to be in line with the three year historical average.

Date - Calving

6 Aug 2022

Number of Staff

Contract milker, in 7th season.

TB Status


Matthew Harrington
Matthew Harrington

Farm Sales

P03 218 8959
M027 498 0474

Email Enquiry View my Profile
Shay Moseby
Shay Moseby

Farm Sales

P03 218 8959
M027 268 6879

Email Enquiry View my Profile